intersect v : meet at a point [syn: cross]
- Rhymes: -ɛkt
Intersection has various meanings in different contexts:
- In mathematics and geometry
- Intersection (road), a place where two roads meet (line-line intersection)
- Intersection (aviation), a virtual navigational fix
Intersection may also refer to:
- Intersection (film), a 1994 remake of the French film Les Choses de la vie.
- an element in the Reality TV series The Amazing Race. It requires two teams to join together and complete tasks as a newly conjoined team until further notice.
- Intersections (1985-2005), a 2006 box set released by Bruce Hornsby.
Intersect redirects here. It may refer to:
- an intelligence database that is the central plot device in the TV series Chuck.
intersect in German: Mengenlehre#Schnittmenge
intersect in French: Intersection
intersect in Ido: Interseko
intersect in Dutch: Doorsnede
accord, agree, answer to, approach, assent, assort with, bar, be consistent, be of one, be uniform with, bisect, center, centralize, check, chime, close, close in, close up, close with, cohere, coincide, come together, concenter, concentralize, concentrate, concur, conform, conform with, consist with, converge, cooperate, correspond, crisscross, cross, crossbar, crosscut, cruciate, cut across, decussate, dovetail, fall in together, fall in with, fit together, funnel, go together, go with, hang together, harmonize, hit, hold together, intercross, interlock, jibe, lie across, lock, match, meet, narrow the gap, nip, overlap, parallel, pinch, register, register with, respond to, run together, sing in chorus, sort with, square, square with, stand together, tally, taper, transverse, traverse, unite